Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Joy of the Unexpected

Today was a day filled with smiles! My cup runneth over. Generally speaking, it was a rather uneventful Wednesday, but it was marked by random and unexpected moments of delight.

Out of the blue I was asked to play a great character in a local stage production later this year. It's an amazing and challenging role and I'm flattered to be considered. It will be in a new venue, I'll be working with actors I really respect, and I'm so excited! Stay tuned for more details.

I had a terrific "working" lunch with some amazing women that I am fortunate enough to call my friends. The lunch was at a fabulous local restaurant that serves some of the most delicious, creative, and flavorful food in the Golden Isles, and it was there that I lost my heart. His name is Cajeta -- exotic, no? He's dark and delicious, very sweet, warm, and rich too. What a combination! My lunch companions loved him too, and I think we'll probably all be seeing more of him in the future.

And do you remember that Lucky Vanous Diet Coke commercial? No . . . never mind. This unexpected moment doesn't need to be shared, but suffice it to say that I had a ridiculous ear-to-ear grin plastered on my face and it stuck around for awhile.



So my thoughts tonight are on how random and unexpected moments can bring such joy into your life. Sometimes that happiness is beautiful and fleeting like a rainbow after a storm. Other times what began as happy circumstance can endure and warm you like the glowing embers in a fire. Life is so much richer for all of these experiences.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to know that we have a Cajeta in residence in the Golden Isles. I haven't seen one of those since I left TX almost a decade ago. Hmmmm...I might just have to jaunt over to the Shanty to indulge in this rare sighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHARE...!!!! ????

    m.b.

    ReplyDelete