Friday, January 21, 2011

Friends Redux

I feel like I'm reliving yesterday's blog entry, because I'm just going to have to say it again: I have the coolest job ever! Tonight, it allowed me to sit down with some wonderful friends -- including a former Spotlight subject or two -- and have a unique and fantastic dining experience that I'll share in detail with you at a different time. It was a great night with great food and great people.

I have such amazing friends. They are talented, smart, and, above all, each have a very keen sense of humor. Some are native Georgians, but many are transplants like me, coming from New Jersey or Michigan or Florida. No matter whether we're hanging out in a restaurant, catching a movie, lounging by the pool or chilling on the beach, these people know how to have fun!

I consider one of my greatest strengths to be my ability to surround myself with great friends. I enjoy their company tremendously. As important to me as being a good mother is being a good friend. It's my way of showing my appreciation for allowing me to be a part of your life. Friendship is vital to my sanity, and has provided the strength to get me through the hard times in my life.

From those who show their support for my work to those who share daily affirmations with me, from those who put up with my faults to those who will finish the bottle of wine with me -- and especially to those who help me to laugh at myself -- I am blessed to have you in my life. It may sound cliche, but I really have no words to express how much you all mean to me. So, just suffice it to say, you DA BOMB!

Thank you, my friends, for the all the ways that you have reminded me how lucky I am this week! My smile is even bigger today!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment