Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just Some Thoughts on Wine

Tonight, I drink a toast to red wine.

"Wine is bottled poetry." Robert Louis Stevenson


Red wine is like warm silk on my tongue. It is rich and luxurious. From the deep burgundy hue in the glass to its sweet kiss on my lips, I love everything about it.

A chianti with pasta is simply divine. I don't know about the fava beans.

Add fruit to red wine to make that glorious nectar known as sangria. I call it liquid sunshine. It calls to mind cloudless skies and Spanish beaches. I hear music when I drink it.

Wine is a cure-all for all seasons. When the weather is wet, cold and dreary, there's nothing more cozy than sipping a glass of wine in front of a fire. A good book and a glass of wine make a bubble bath complete. Sharing a bottle of wine with friends while listening to music under the stars is a great way to spend a summer night.

"Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

Salut! Slainte! Salud! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment