Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Valentine's Blog

There's not really much on my mind tonight. I've enjoyed two gorgeous days of sunshine, walks on the beach, time spent with family and friends, and all is well in my world. Tomorrow begins a new week and who knows what it will bring.

And speaking of tomorrow, it does happen to be Valentine's Day. Whether I've been in a relationship or not, I've always been a bit of a cynic about this "holiday." It seems such a manufactured thing to chose a day to celebrate the people you love. To me, you should show the people you love how you feel about them every day, not just on February 14. And showing someone you love them is not really about cards, flowers, chocolate, jewelry, or any other tangible item. True love is doing all those little things that tell them you care -- listening when they speak, performing small acts of kindness, sharing special moments, and making memories together.

So tomorrow, make the ones you love feel special, but don't forget to do that on all of the other days of the week too. I promise you it will bring you joy every time. And don't forget to love yourself too. In the wise words of Lucy Van Pelt, "All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" Peace, love, and Lindt truffles to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment