Sunday, March 13, 2011

Picture Perfect Day

Well, today my blog starts with a heavy sigh. Today was the PERFECT day. The sun was shining, the sky was clear and beautiful, and there was a myriad of things to do in the Golden Isles. I was looking forward to heading out to a fun and free community event with live bands, good food, and plenty of friends. But when I began the task of getting ready for the day I decided to tackle some cleaning that was put aside this week for things that were much more fun...a Kid Rock concert, a day in the sun, nights out with good friends. But once I started I discovered that there was really a lot that needed to be done and just should not be put off any longer. Really. Floors and laundry were sorely in need of immediate attention. And so I spent this gorgeous day inside taking care of things that could have been done an hour or two at a time on those days when I went out and played. So frustrating!

So where's the smile in this? I think about those things that I did when I wasn't cleaning...the phenomenal Kid Rock concert, the hours playing in the sun, the nights filled with abundant laughter and sangria, great conversation and pizza...and those thoughts light up my face and warm my heart. Yes, house cleaning is necessary, and yes, I absolutely hate doing it -- especially on warm and sunny days. However, I am willing to trade this one day of play to take on the chores I missed in order to enjoy all those experiences I had last week, because I wouldn't have missed out on those good times for the world!  Spending a sunny Sunday cleaning is a small price to pay. I'm sure there will be more sunny Sundays in my future, so I'll just make the most of those when they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment