Sunday, May 29, 2011

Far From Perfect

My morning status post on Facebook today read as follows: "Big cup of hazelnut coffee in hand & smell of cinnamon rolls wafting out of the oven. Good . . . no . . . GREAT morning, everyone!" A friend from high school commented that she enjoys waking up to my happy posts. Since I am often accused by others of being perpetually happy, I thought that what I told my old friend is something I should share here.

My happy posts--and this blog about finding your smile every day--is my way of counting my blessings. My life is far from perfect, but I know I am fortunate to have all that I do have. I will not take the things that make me smile each day for granted; I celebrate them.

I don't need a perfect life, I just want one filled with happiness. Where moments of joy outweigh moments of sadness, frustration and anger. Striving for perfection is an exhausting and impossible task. Life is messy and imperfect and people are flawed, so why do we expect that we can attain perfection? I choose instead to embrace each day as it comes and do my best to find or create every moment of joy that I can.

So that's the secret to my sunny disposition. Try it, it might work for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment